Position Summary & Essential Functions (Major Job Duties)
This position is responsible for planning and coordinating special events and marketing activities with a focus on retail business districts and commercial areas within a redevelopment area to create a vibrant, exciting destination for residents, visitors and investors. Additional activities include public relations, marketing and promotions, business attraction and communication, social media application, and organizing promotional activities and campaigns. Applicant must be passionate and have a high degree of energy and dedication and be able to work independently and efficiently.
Responsible for providing marketing support to the assigned client. RMA is in Pompano Beach, Florida with some of the RMA employees working within the offices of the government clients. Tasks include marketing and special event duties necessary to further the goals of the client. On-site supervision is by the Senior Redevelopment Associate of the firm assigned to the client. Departmental supervision is by the Director of Business Attraction and Marketing. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all special event and marketing activities within two redevelopment districts with a focus on the retail business districts and commercial areas.
- Manage major and monthly special events, as well as ground breakings, grand openings and other business development events.
- Oversee and coordinate all aspects of event planning and implementation.
- Seek appropriate sponsorships for events.
- Meet with merchants on a regular basis to gain support and participation in redevelopment efforts.
- Work with merchants to improve the image of the businesses in the area.
- Responsible for business attraction including meeting with prospects, identifying target tenants, calling to follow up with potential tenants, and working with area real estate professionals to attract new businesses.
- Oversee design of printed and digital communications such as brochures, flyers, advertisements, etc.
- Direct the development of websites, maintain website content, manage all social media activities, develop print and email newsletters.
- Serve as the spokesperson to the public and where applicable, the point of contact with outside Public Relations firm to ensure effective overall management of all public relations and media activities as it pertains to the assigned client.
- Draft annual retail marketing plan to identify clear objectives and strategies to promote the redevelopment activities of the target areas.
- Ensure operations adhere to policies, regulations and contractual obligations.
- Keep abreast with all organizational changes and business developments.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Other Position Requirements:
This position may require travel, generally within the State of Florida, but from time to time may include out-of-state travel for meetings. The Marketing and Special Events Manager must provide his/her own car and maintain adequate automobile insurance coverage. Frequent use of motor vehicle to conduct office business is required. Working hours include maintaining regular office hours from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Must be flexible and adapt to changing priorities.
- Proven experience in planning, coordinating and implementing special events, business promotions and multi-faceted activities.
- Adept at utilizing social media as a promotional tool. Experience in applying social media in business promotion and attraction, attracting visitors and residents to events.
- Demonstrated experience at leveraging and receiving sponsorships, grants, in-kind donations and other services to support retail promotions and special events or activities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to get along with diverse personalities; exhibits tact, professional attitude, maturity and flexibility.
- Knowledge of the principles, theories, philosophy and techniques of retail and commercial marketing, promotions, and advertising.
- Ability to draft marketing plans and their application to retail and commercial marketing.
- General knowledge of main streets or businesses improvement districts and their activities.
- Knowledge of merchant development, merchant outreach processes and facilitation.
- Strong presentation skills especially in visual presentations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, supervisors, peers, and the media.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to build professional and respectful working relationships at all levels internal and/or external to the organization.
- Work independently and in a team with positive attitude; self-motivated and proactive.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, Public Relations, Business, or related field and/or five (5) or more years of experience in a related field. Experience in planning and coordinating special events and activities, retail marketing, business attraction, retail merchandising, securing sponsorships, value added promotions, advertising and media relations.
- Experience working on documents, including reviewing for quality assurance.
- Intermediate expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe, Adobe CS, ERP systems and web-based applications are required.
Salary Range: $45,000 – 55,000
Ref: CRA Marketing and Special Events Manager
Reports to: Director of Business Attraction & Marketing
FSLA Status/Job Type: Exempt, Full-time
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org